Strafford will be offering a webinar/teleconference entitled "Patent Reissue: Strategic Use for Pre- and Post-AIA -- Correcting Errors in Patents, Determining Whether and When to Pursue a Reissue Application, and Mastering the Recapture Rule" on October 21, 2014 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm (EDT). Erika H. Arner, Thomas L. Irving, and Deborah M. Herzfeld of Finnegan Henderson Farabow Garrett & Dunner; and Donna M. Meuth, Associate General Counsel - Intellectual Property, Eisai will provide patent counsel with an in-depth review of the pros and cons of using reissue to correct patent errors, whether before or after AIA, discuss the rule against recapture and the effect of reissue, and offer their experiences, perspectives and best practices on the strategic use of patent reissue to correct errors. The webinar will review the following questions:
• What factors should be considered in evaluating the possibility of reissue?
• How have patent reissue implications changed post-AIA?
• What are the risks and limitations of using reissue proceedings to resolve patent errors?
• If you have a pending patent application, how good an idea is reissue?
• When is supplemental examination a better idea than reissue and does reissue basically get the owner to the same place a supplemental examination would in a shorter time?
The registration fee for the webinar is $297 ($362 for registration and CLE processing). Those registering by September 26, 2014 will receive a $50 discount. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.