Practising Law Institute (PLI) will be offering a one-hour webcast entitled "Amgen v. Sandoz: Federal Circuit Interprets 'Patent Dance' Provisions of BPCIA to Permit Biosimilar Applicant to Refuse to Disclose Application and Manufacturing Information" on October 5, 2015 from 1:00 to 2:00 pm (Eastern). Patent Docs author Kevin E. Noonan, Ph.D. of McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP will cover the following topics:
• A review of the provisions of the statute related to patent litigation and marketing approval;
• Statutory construction of the disclosure and marketing provisions;
• Sandoz' non-disclosure arguments, and how they were persuasive to the trial court and the Federal Circuit;
• Amgen's marketing notice arguments, and how they were persuasive to the trial court and the Federal Circuit; and
• The impact of these decisions on the biosimilar process and future patent litigations.
The registration fee for this webcast is $299. Those interested in registering for the webcast, can do so here.