Practising Law Institute (PLI) will be holding a two-day seminar entitled: "Advanced Patent Prosecution Seminar 2015: Claim Drafting & Amendment Writing" on July 16-17, 2015 in New York, NY, on August 10-11, 2015 in San Francisco, CA, and on September 10-11, 2015 in Chicago, IL. Patent Docs authors Donald Zuhn and Kevin Noonan will be presenting at the Chicago seminar.
At the New York and Chicago seminars, PLI's faculty will offer presentations on the following topics:
• Ethics in the PTO
• Concurrent Sessions I: Advanced Specification Drafting Issues -- all concurrent sessions and workshops will provide lectures specific to four different technologies: biotechnology, chemical/pharmaceutical, electromechanical, and electronics/computers
• Concurrent Sessions II: Advanced Claim Drafting Issues
• Concurrent Seminars I: Advanced Claim Drafting
• Patent Eligible Subject Matter After Myriad, Alice and the PTO Interim Guidance
• Lessons Learned from Two Years of Post-Grant Proceedings
• Concurrent Sessions III: Advanced Patent Prosecution Issues
• Concurrent Seminars II: Advanced Amendment Drafting
• Roundtable Discussions and Wrap Up.
At the San Francisco seminar, presentations will be offered on the following topics:
• Ethics for Patent Prosecutors
• The New 35 USC §102
• Advanced Claim Drafting Issues -- class to split into technology groups, including Electromechanical/Mechanical, Electronics/Computers, and Life Sciences (Biotechnology, Chemical/Pharmaceutical)
• Claim Drafting Seminars -- class to split into technology groups
• Advanced Issues for Written Description -- class to split into technology groups
• Countering the Obviousness Rejection
• Post Final Practice
• The Litigation Perspective on Patent Prosecution
• Amendment Seminars -- class to split into technology groups
A complete program schedule, including descriptions of the presentations and a list of speakers for each seminar can be found here.
The registration fee for each conference is $1,795. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here.