Technology Transfer Tactics will be offering a webinar on "Understanding and Applying the Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016" on July 12, 2016 from 1:00 to 2:00 pm (Eastern). Andrew M. Howard of Shore, Chan, DePumpo, LLC will look at the provisions of the Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 (DTSA), and how universities can best apply the DTSA to protect their valuable IP. The webinar will cover the following topics:
• Legislative history and purpose of the DTSA
• What is a "trade secret" under the DTSA?
• What constitutes "misappropriation" under the DTSA?
• Can you obtain a seizure of trade secrets, an injunction, and/or damages?
• How does the DTSA affect different university constituents, including faculty, students, technology transfer offices, incubated companies, and joint ventures/sponsors?
• What outreach and education is needed to ensure faculty and others involved in research commercialization don't inadvertently weaken trade secret protection?
• How to protect trade secrets when key faculty and staff exit
• Differences between the DTSA and UTSA
• Procedural aspects of the DTSA
-- Statute of Limitations, jurisdiction, and territorial reach
The registration fee for the webinar is $197. Those interested in registering for the webinar, can do so here.