McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP will be offering a live webinar entitled "To Patent or Not to Patent: When to Keep Your IP a Trade Secret" on October 19, 2016 from 10:00 am to 11:15 am (CT). In this presentation, MBHB attorneys Grant Drutchas and Josh Rich will address key issues facing businesses and inventors in our post-AIA (America Invents Act) and DTSA (Defend Trade Secrets Act) world, and provide guidance on when you should consider maintaining technology as a trade secret rather than seeking patent protection. Topics will include:
• How best to approach the patent vs. trade secret issues, including the benefits and disadvantages of each form of protection;
• When patent protection will best suit your business goals;
• When it makes the most sense to maintain your IP as a trade secret;
• What planning and precautions need to be in place to protect trade secrets;
• The impact of the DTSA on your business, including the act's protections and obligations; and
• How the courts have addressed the DTSA.
While there is no fee to participate, attendees must register in advance. Those wishing to register can do so here. CLE credit is pending for the states of California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Virginia.