Practising Law Institute (PLI) will be holding a two-day seminar entitled: "Advanced Patent Prosecution Workshop 2014: Claim Drafting & Amendment Writing" on July 17-18, 2014 in New York, NY, on August 18-19, 2014 in San Francisco, CA, and on September 11-12, 2014 in Chicago, IL. Patent Docs authors Donald Zuhn and Kevin Noonan will be presenting at the Chicago seminar.
At the New York and Chicago seminars, PLI's faculty will offer presentations on the following topics:
• Ethics in the PTO
• Concurrent Sessions I: Advanced Specification Drafting Issues -- all concurrent sessions and workshops will provide lectures specific to four different technologies: biotechnology, chemical/pharmaceutical, electromechanical, and electronics/computers
• Concurrent Sessions II: Advanced Claim Drafting Issues
• Concurrent Workshops I: Advanced Claim Drafting
• How to Work with Patent Examiners Toward Allowance
• Prior Art Under the America Invents Act: How the America Invents Act and Patent Law Treaty Affect Patent Prosecution
• Concurrent Sessions III: Advanced Patent Prosecution Issues
• Concurrent Workshops II: Advanced Amendment Drafting
• Roundtable Discussions and Wrap Up
At the San Francisco seminar, presentations will be offered on the following topics:
• Ethics for Patent Prosecutors
• The New 35 USC §102
• Advanced Claim Drafting Issues -- class to split into technology groups, including Electromechanical/Mechanical, Electronics/Computers, and Life Sciences (Biotechnology, Chemical/Pharmaceutical)
• Patentable Subject Matter -- class to split into technology groups
• Claim Drafting Workshops -- class to split into technology groups
• Advanced Issues for Written Description -- class to split into technology groups
• Countering the Obviousness Rejection
• Post Final Practice
• Supplemental Examination and Derivation Proceedings
• Amendment Workshops -- class to split into technology groups
A complete program schedule, including descriptions of the presentations and a list of speakers for each seminar can be found here.
The registration fee for each conference is $1,795. Those interested in registering for the conference can do so here.