The Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) will offer a one-hour webinar on "Trade Secrets in the Life Sciences" on September 24, 2014 beginning at 2:00 pm (ET). Dianna DeVore of Oblon, Spivak, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt, LLP; Matthew Pugmire of Pfizer, Inc.; and Michael Samardzija of Dentons US LLP examine the alternative of using trade secrets to protect intellectual property in the life sciences. The webinar will review the following topics:
• What kinds of IP in the life sciences are best suited to protection by trade secrets?
• The potential value of "negative know-how," i.e., what doesn't work;
• The risk of losing trade secrets through disclosure to regulators;
• What kinds of information are amenable to trade secret protection in diagnostic laboratory-developed tests (LDTs)?
• The risks to the makers of biosimilars posed by the disclosure requirements of the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act (BPCIA).
The registration fee for the webinar is $130 (government and academic rates are available upon request). Those interested in registering for the webinar can do so here.